- Home »
- Coloured Silver Loose Leaf - Orange Gold - 100 leaves - 109mm x 109mm
- Product Description
- Reviews (0)
A collection of bright, vibrant metallic shades created by coating the surface of pure silver leaf.
The process of creating pure coloured silver leaf involves taking genuine silver leaf and then dying and coating it with a plastic resin on both sides to create a vibrant leaf with the brightness of silver in a myriad of gorgeous, jewel-like colours. Apart from the choice of colours this range differs slightly from the standard coloured silver leaf in that the surface of the leaf is treated with an acrylic type of dye, resulting in a more light resistant finish.
This type of leaf has a good lustre and the colours are brighter compared to the Standard coloured silver leaf. It is more resilient against rubbing, and solvents and thinners, however, it is more brittle than the Standard coloured silver leaf. Coloured silver leaf is most often used in artistic applications; it can be used in paintings or other artworks, for wall covers and for glass gilding.
The leaf is 109mm x 109mm and is supplied in packs either of 10 loose leaves or 100 loose leaves with each individual leaf separated by a sheet of tissue paper.
Some points to consider when using coloured silver leaf:
- The leaf can fade if not sealed, it may also fade when exposed to UV light, we recommend using a good quality UV sealer in order to prolong the colour of the leaf, although some artisans prefer to let the leaf fade naturally in sunlight to create muted tones.
- Friction or rubbing can erode the resin and dye, dulling the colour.
- Coloured silver leaf is more brittle than silver leaf and must be handled delicately to avoid breakage.
- Do not use alcohol-based sealants, some thinners or bleach as it will dissolve the plastic coating. If you’re unsure about the effect of the size or sealer on the leaf remember to test compatibility of products before gilding.
|Size||109mm x 109mm|
|Qty per pack||100 Leaves|